Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yeah, right.

Okay, we have to talk to the customers, its dry in the store and guess what the powers that be have decided now?

We can't have a bottle of water at our registers. Apparently, someone supposedly caught something from dealing with a cashier and one thing lead to another and a store closed.

Sorry, sounds like bull shit to me.

I think someone got it in their heads that they don't think it looks appropriate for us to being drinking at our work stations. Oh my gawd!!! The customers don't realize that we might need hydrating as well!!! Holy crap. I did not know that.

Well, far be it from us to shock the hell out of them.

This is NOT the end of this story. War has been declared.


On a lighter note. Things are pretty much as usual. Customers being a pill, co-workers driving you crazy, others making life so easy.

I don't understand why, with the amount of resumes and older women especially that have asked me about working here, we still keep some of the people we have working for us. It can't seriously be the devil you know syndrome, because there are a couple that a devil would only be an improvement on.

What about someone who is constantly late for work, still disappears during their shift, calls in sick for about half of her shifts and is so friggin slow a snail could pass her?

Or how about the one who just plain doesn't show up for shifts and when called its learned they are out at a party with friends?

Or the schmuck who'll book off sick and then be stupid enough to show up at the store with a bunch of their friends?

Or the one who blathers on and on and on and gets confused way too easily.

Or the one that is rude and doesn't like to work and gets complaints almost weekly?

W
T
double F???!!!!!!


Oh yeah, we also are not far from a university, a high school and a college. So there is a lot of traffic. But how come some of the university students park in our lot and take the bus to school? Because they get away with it. We had new signs put up but then the boss doesn't enforce it. I was sitting in my car on break last week when a van pulls up and parks beside me. Two young women got out, picked up their backpacks and took off for the bus stop across from the store. I got the information from the van and gave it to my boss. There is, according to the signs, a two hour limit on parking time. When I came out three hours later, there's the van still sitting there, no ticket on it. Why bother if the boss isn't going to even follow up on it.

My hubby says it isn't up to me to fix the world and I tell him I can at least work on my little corner of it. I am tired of getting to work and not being able to find a decent spot. I have been telling them since last SUMMER that there were people parking in the lot that shouldn't be there. I thought that was why the new signs went up. Apparently I was wrong. All I can hope for is that they have decided to give them a two week grace period and then the poop hits the fan. I sure hope so, because not only can't I get a decent parking space but the customers are commenting on it and getting annoyed about it as well.

Take that boss man! Maybe if the customers complain enough you'll get something done.



There, I didn't mean to be in a cranky mood but the water bottle issue just set me off.

No comments: