Friday, March 20, 2009

The Thick Plottens

Went into work yesterday to talk to the boss. Finally tracked him down and hashed over a few things with him.
*They don't do reference letters but will talk to anyone you have call them. Good.
*The shoe thing is part of the "uniform", so I'll start wearing black shoes in where they can see me and switch to my orthotic shoes after I am behind my register. Good.
*The water issue is still outstanding and I am going to keep fighting that tooth and nail. Good!!!
*Apparently, you can be late, unreliable AND lazy and it still takes time for you to be written up, warned and eventually fired. Bad.
*Having water at your register just became a little more doable, I think, as I show up for work, do a good job and am never late. Plus it should take a while to get written up, warned and eventually fired. Good.
*It would really help the cause if I can get ALL the girls to go along with this. Good?
*I plan to ask for a copy of the warning, to show to the union. Good.
*The Boss said that if I tell them what size shirt I wear he will call the company that makes them and have one made longer for me. GOOD!!

One interesting thing was that he said when I leave I can have someone call him and he'll be glad to give me a reference. I corrected him and said that its not "when" I leave, its "if" I leave. I don't want to go as I would miss my customers SO much, and there are several ladies I work with that I would miss chatting with. I actually like being an 'older person' for the younger ones to talk to. Its nice being asked for advice, etc.

Had to give yesterday's shift away due to an appointment. I actually enjoyed not being there. That's a first.


Also, I pointed out to a customer the other day that we had gotten rid of our road salt. I told him that if we get snow it will be the bosses fault for sending it back. Anyway, last evening we had snow flakes falling. Told you so.

No comments: