Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Angry post?? You betcha!!

So my better half thought that my last post sounded a tad on the angry side.

Well, I am. You know, I'm thinking of leaving because I used to be happy there, and I'm not any more. I used to look forward to going to work. Now, I don't.

Problem is, I really love the job. Seeing my regular customers all the time is great. Its nice when they go through someone else's register and still stop to say hi to me and ask how I am. Where else do you see that?


BUT....... I also find that I get sick and tired of management making stupid decisions that seem to take morale down instead of up. Now most everyone is happy that the Princess is gone and that Late Girl may be taken care of soon. So why, when everyone is happy again, must they do something to bring people down?

Yes, I know, they own the company and yes there used to be a no water allowed rule, but if you have let it go for several years and people started abusing it, why not say "look, you can ONLY have a 500 ml bottle of water WITH a lid at your register. The first person that has something else then we go back to no water and the offender's name is posted so you know who lost you your privilege."


I found the same sort of gut punching reaction at most places I have worked at. Things start going nicely, people are getting along, the job is getting done and people are happy. Some little rule is being broken, but things are getting done and morale is pretty darn good. So some stupid boss comes in and thinks:

"well crap, if they're happy they can't be working!!! I know, I'll make a new stupid rule for them. Ah, that's better, they're miserable again."


WTF is up with that.


Well, I'm off to have lunch with a dear friend and then to work. I have a big decision to make. I hate leaving my customers and friends, but I can't be climbing up stairs just to get a sip of water, I don't like wearing a shirt that is too short for me AND that is partially see-through. And I don't have any respect for the bosses at the store.

Now, THAT, is not good.

No comments: