Saturday, March 28, 2009

WOW was it busy!!!

I don't know what was going on today but was it ever busy. From about 3:30, when I started, to about 7:00 there was never less than 5 people in my line and a few times as many as ten.

What was going on today that EVERY one was shopping?

I just don't know. I was on express, for the first time in about a week and a half. Most people behaved themselves. I had a few with 13 items, but most were about 6 to 8.

Oh, something interesting has been happening over the past three weeks. Once in a while you'll get an order that totals out to an exact dollars amount. No cents, just an even amount. Some days I have had two or three such totals. BUT, today was the twenty fifth day in a row (only counting the consecutive days that I have worked) where I had an exact amount. Pretty interesting actually. Considering most items are something that ends in a 9, its not all that easy to do. And most people are buying items that are by the pound. So when it comes out exactly to the dollar it is kind of neat.

Anyway, its probably only interesting to me, but what the heck. Its MY blog.

Tomorrow, I'll write about the call from, are you ready? HEAD OFFICE on Friday. Also, tomorrow is the Around The Bay road race (30K) and the Bay and Back race (5k). I am going to watch the 5K race tomorrow. Its amazing to see all these people coming down this long street running right towards you. I have a lot of people that I talk to regularly about racing. We have a 'running' store across from us at work and they are allowed to use our parking lot if they shop in the store. I went last year and was surprised at how many people ran by and said "Oh, look. Its the cashier from *****."

Hopefully the weather is nice tomorrow.

Off to bed now to rest up for all the cheering I have to do for my customers tomorrow.

No comments: