Monday, March 16, 2009

What the hell are these people thinking???!!

So get to work tonight to find a stupid note taped to the cupboard where we were supposed to keep the water we can't have at the register.

At first reading, we all thought that the water could be kept there and that if there was any bottles or containers at the end of the evening it was thrown out. Okay that makes sense. But no, after further investigation by one of the cashiers it turns out that we can't have any water there. Nothing. The only water allowed is in the lunchroom, upstairs, where it is dirty, and hot and up way too many stairs. So, if you get thirsty now, you are supposed to close off your register, climb twenty or so stairs, drink your water and come back down????

Oh, wait a minute, I bet what they really want is for you to wait until your break. Hhhm!!

Well them why are the powers that be allowed food and water in their offices? Oh, I get it. Do as I say NOT as I do.

Well, we'll see about that.

I am not a union person but neither do I tolerate bullshit. Apparently what happened is that water was never allowed but they started to ignore it. Well, then of course some stupid ones decided to have coffees, or sodas or other things that don't have a top on them. So then some boss got PO'D and decided to go back to the whole nothing at all thing. What do they think it will be like in the summer?

Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. Either it is allowed for ALL or it is NOT allowed for all.

And I, for one will not be climbing any damn stairs to get hydrated. I'll keep my water in my car and have to go out there to get it. And it will not be on my breaks either. Lets just hope some of the other girls are going to keep to this as well. Unfortunately, I don't think they will. There is a lot of talk but when push comes to shove, I'll be by myself on this one.

Oh well, I'm sure I can find a job somewhere else. Maybe with better hours.

Guess I better start collecting letters of recommendation.

No comments: