Thursday, March 12, 2009

What will I write about now??????

Well, one of my stars is gone. The Princess finally left us. Over three consecutive days she:
1) tried to go home fifteen minutes before her shift, then ten minutes before,
2) held the tray, which does NOT have a tight fitting lid, on its side tucked under her arm,
3) disappeared and had to be called back to her register,
4) took a half hour break and had to be called back to her register,
and
5) decided to get po'd at the head cashier for keeping her waiting.

After being told the error of her ways she called the next day to say she quit.

Good Bye. And I do mean GOOD.



Then yesterday, Late Girl was supposed to show up at 3:30 and didn't. This is after being asked if she was going to show up and her confirming she would. So for over two hours there was Miss Sterling, on express, and myself. That's it. It was extremely busy and the head cashiers had to stay out on cash just to keep the lines down. Consequently they barely had time to get their work done and to arrange for a replacement. Luckily overtime was approved for the Miss Caregiver and she made it in with very short notice.

Late Girl's shifts are being covered by someone else for the rest of the week and hopefully she'll be gone soon too. We have had lots of people handing in resume's so there is plenty to choose from. Plus there are at least three mature women that have expressed interest in working here.

Let's hope.


Plus, the boss mentioned to me yesterday that the uniform calls for black shoes. I wear my running shoes as I have orthotics and don't have black shoes that they fit in. I told him that and he answered with an understanding sort of agreement. Now, if I really want to be a pill I could get the shoes and hand him the bill asking him to pay it for me. When he says no, I can explain that I already had to buy the pants after being told they would be getting some in and I can't afford shoes TOO!!!!


You know, I'm getting cranky in my old age and am getting really fed up with these stupid rules. Who the hell can see what colour my shoes are behind the damn register? We stand for our whole shift on a slightly cushioned mat. You think they could let us have decent shoes. If not, then maybe we should be sitting.

And, I WANT MY WATER.

If I can't have it can I at least stop people from drinking by my 'expensive equipment'? And what about the stupid person that bought a whole case of Arizona ice tea, and when putting it in the cart managed to break one can which sprayed all over me, the floor, and the back of my register keyboard?

HUH! What do you say about that???!!!!

No comments: