Sunday, March 29, 2009

So, what do YOU do when you get an email from HEAD OFFICE??

Yup, yours truly fired off an email to someone at the web site wondering why they hadn't been heard from. See, I had already sent an email a few weeks ago, and the first I heard that someone had received it was when the manager mentioned as I was speaking to him about the letter of recommendation.

THAT lead to me firing off the second one which ended up giving me a response that said:

I have received your email sent to Customer Care and would very much like the opportunity to speak to you on the telephone.
I can be reached most days between 8am -5pm, Monday to Friday. At your convenience, please give me a call.

I left it a day and when I looked at the phone number it was going to be long distance for me.

Being the shy little thing that I am, I wrote back asking if they had a toll free number and if not I could be reached at ### between the hours of this and that.

Bold, eh??!!

Well, quarter past *** rolls around and the phone rings. Now I am mostly thinking this is an information session, but partly thinking "I wonder who I have p------ed off and whether I will be saying bye bye.


Worried about nothing. It was an informative call. There is absolutely NO WAY the shirts can be made longer. BUT, I can request a second shirt and have a piece of that sewn on the bottom of mine to give me the added length. (who's paying?). OR, I can ask after a polo shirt with a mandarin collar like the grocery clerks wear. Sounds like a better option. They are unisex and in men's sizes which means they should have length to them.


Then we got to the water issue. Not so good and at first I agreed with the HR person, but now that I had the kind of day we had yesterday, I am rethinking this whole thing.

Enough for now. Will write another blog shortly.

No comments: