Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update to The Working Outside of Available hours

Maybe I am just old and cranky. I don't know.

I guess I keep forgetting that it is just a job. Maybe I'm overtired and just looking for things that bug me.

Plus it appears that you can't just pick someone that you would like to have your shift. You have to work your way down the list by seniority.

So now I have to know:
1) who is available for work
2) who is entitled to first shot at my times
3) who is fast or slow
4) phone numbers for said people
and
5) whether this is the 'occasional' time that they 'may' be required to work outside of their availability.

Getting a little too complicated for me.

Anyway, I was given phone numbers that may or may not be the right ones and I have called one of them and am awaiting the return call. Of course, it may not be the person I think I called because the message on their answering machine doesn't identify who they are when it picked up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just call in sick.

You say they don't care about you, to them you are just an employee.

Why should you care?

You are only being paid pennies above minimum wage, you have little to loose.