Friday, September 19, 2008

The Customer From Hell (CFH)

Just a short one tonight.

Had a customer in today. She has two loaves of bread that scan at $2.99 each.

"Those are 2 for $5.00."

"I think that may be the 'Smart' bread."

"No, the sign says 2 for $5.00."

"I know that, Ma'am, but I had this problem a day ago and it was another type of bread."

So I decide to go check and she has to try to beat me there. Fine. What ever. We get there and she shows me the sign. Sure enough it says 2 for $5.00 but it is for English muffins. I tell her that.

"Well there aren't any English muffins there."

I can see that, and the tag is off to the right of all the bread. There is a small space where muffins could have been but aren't now.

"Well the sign shouldn't be there then. I should get the bread for the price it says."

"I don't think so. It clearly says English Muffins."


"But there aren't any there are there? I want to talk to your manager."


So I page him and someone else comes out and doesn't it turn out that they know each other. Turns out the CFH worked here before along with her two kids one of which was fired. SO SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

The someone else agrees with me that it is obviously a mistake but the CFH decides to push it further and starts to make a scene. Being that I wanted to slug her BUT I'm more concerned for the store I again call for the manager. He does come out and says to just let her have it.

I was happy until I realized that he wanted me to let her have the bread for the muffin price.

Any way her face is in my memory banks now so I'll be looking for her in the future. I hate people like that that just want to be a bitch.

No comments: