Monday, September 29, 2008

Not Available After 7:30 pm

Well in two days I am expected to be working from 4 until 8.

Its not going to happen. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I don't really want to lose the hours because my pay just about covers the cost of gasoline and car insurance.

BUT, I also made it clear a long time ago that I am not available after a certain time and am a little ticked off that the younger kids have earlier and better hours than me. I have more seniority, and as stated numerous times, I am old enough to have earned the right to have decent hours. I have done all the crap shifts as a teenager and younger person and I am only working part time.

The idea of being a part timer is that you let them know what hours you are available. That is why we have so many part-time cashiers. Now, if I am needed to work outside of the hours I have stated then all that is needed is a quick little "could you work such and such a time"?

I hadn't turned down too many shifts when asked, but lately I have just because what's been offered were times when I already had other plans.

Anyway, I guess push will come to shove soon. I would hate to leave. I'd like to think I'd leave a hole IF i LEFT but I suspect it would be as big as the one left when you scoop water out of a bucket.

Sad, but true.

No comments: