Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Friends and compliments

Well, all those people that didn't show up on the weekend???

They were out in full force yesterday. I started at 3:30 and never saw a break in the line until almost 6:45pm! It was nice though. I like to be busy.


As the evening wore on it got quieter and when it got closer to going home time my relief stopped by to chat for a little. She told me that she was happy that Yappy Girl was gone because she didn't think the way the 'contest' went down was at all fair. She was embarrassed by the way YG treated customers and product. She said that she thought that I was the best cashier there!! Not the fastest but the one that everyone likes to work with and the one the customers seem to like too. She felt I was courteous and got on well with every one.

WOW! What a nice compliment! :-)

I'm glad to hear that that is the way people feel. Makes the job all the more worthwhile.



One of our own got engaged over the weekend. It was so nice to see the glow on her face. The pure happiness. Just terrific!


Still don't have our salad bar running yet. Also, I had to take a little walk through the store last night to pick up a few items and it looks like we've been ransacked!! The amount of stuff missing due to students stocking up is phenomenal!!! The were three packages of pasta on the shelf. Hardly any cereals, three containers of yogurt, most of the bread gone, no hamburger and on and on and on. Be interesting to see how much has been replaced by the time I go in or whether that, too, will just disappear as fast as its put out.


Later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S. said you were bringing your snake into work on Saturday! I am working 4-8 so I will try to come in early and maybe I can see it :)