Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finally, Compliments

Well, things have worked out okay as far as me and my bad times last week. I ended up taking the Friday off rather than work from 4 to 8. I was going to switch with one girl and take her 3:30 to 7:30 but an appt I had was changed to a little later time so it was best to just give the shift away. I don't like being short on my hours, but what can you do.

Also, I was so full of it and not going to work and stuff. Yeah , right. I worked from 4 till 8 pm on the Wednesday night and didn't turn into a pumpkin or anything. i wasn't happy about it and the shift seemed very long as I am used to breaks at a certain time and leaving at 7:30. Oh well, hopefully it won't happen again.

Again, I would not want to be the one making up the schedule. But you know I am a little worried about HC. She doesn't seem herself lately and she seems to be so thin. I really like HC and like to spoil her with treats. But I also don't think I can say anything to her. I think HC's tough and doesn't let people close to her easily. So I'll just keep bringing goodies.


Finally, on Saturday, customers started to say positive things about the store. They were complimentary about the way it looks and that the product selection is nice. They like the way the produce is displayed now.

Having new shelving in a black seems to make everything stand out more. Still a few complaints about the salad bar, (lettuce wilting, dressing on everything(?)) but most are glad that its back.

Its so nice to have bottles and cans come through now where we don't have to wipe the dust off them. I don't like to have dirty hands when I'm handling people's groceries and it was getting to where you were having to clean them after every three or four orders and after every order that had cans or bottles.

I'm also VERY glad that that crew that was hired to move stuff is gone. They were sort of rude without realizing they were. They would do their job but didn't interact with the customers or try to help them or move out of their way. Okay, maybe one or two of them did, but for the most part, no. Anyway, they're gone now, they did a good job and they have left the building.

I think there is some renovation going on in the back of the store now and then they'll be done. There is still some touch up that needs doing like the wall in bakery and near the offices, but for the most part....done.

I'll be glad when they get a sign up over us too. Right now if a stranger to the area drives by they have no idea what we are.

Oh yeah, had several people over the past few days say how much they DON'T like the store over the highway. (Not mentioning any names but they are the enemy.)

No comments: