Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why didn't I have a Camera?

So here I am working away on Saturday. We were really busy. I guess a lot of people having Super Bowl parties. When you are THAT busy you sort of glance at each customer but tend to focus on the groceries and speed. So I am sailing along at a good speed, and I do sort of look up at the next customer.

Well.... I nearly got whiplash with the double take I did. The next customer was wearing a full length white furry coat with fake leopard spots on it and fur about four inches long. He had the hat, the ear phones plugged in, the dressy pants and a snazzy shirt. I thought I was seeing things. Of course you have to pretend that all is normal. He has the head bobbing to the music and I just rang the groceries through. Comes time to ask for the Air Miles card and he's not paying any attention to me. So I ask him again a little louder. Well doesn't the bobbing and weaving stop; he fixes me with a glare as he pulls one earphone jack out.
"What?"
I asked again if he had Air Miles. "No." Now this response was accompanied by a look that could have killed me if I wasn't immune.

He pays and leaves and as he's walking away I couldn't help but watch. Sure enough. He has the Huggy Bear swagger right out of the old Starsky and Hutch TV show.

Do you think I could get the attention of a single cashier to be a witness? No.
I'll tell you, telepathy doesn't work when you need it.

Oh well, at least the next customer in line saw him and agreed that the outfit was a little over the top.

No comments: