Thursday, February 5, 2009

Just a quickie (which I did NOT get at the store I went to)

Just came from a store that is owned by our company, but under a different name. Stood in line for the longest time. There were 4 registers running. Of those four, two were trainees, one girl was working very hard and one girl was looking like she may have the same condition that the Princess has.

The trainees: okay, I understand they have to learn sometime, but they should be pulled off until you can get the lines down.

The manager came over and paged "all cashiers to the front please". That was a waste of time. No one came out and he went back to doing what he was doing. I left my groceries there and walked out of the store.

Being a cashier myself, I have to deal with lines all the time. BUT when we have cashiers training we also will have them wait while we can clear the crowds out and then let them get back to it. Its not fair to make the customers wait.

I was not impressed and most of the customers waiting were older people so I feel it was very unfair to them. Train first thing in the morning or have someone with them that can jump on another register. Having 50% of your work force being learners seems like a dumb idea.

No comments: