Friday, February 13, 2009

Another reason why I LOVE my job

Last night must have been my fan club meeting and I didn't know it. Maybe they were on a field trip to see me perform in person.

I had customers that I have served in the past, that went through other registers and stopped to say hi and ask how I was doing. I had a lot of my regular express aisle people come through that were saying they love it when I am working because I am always in a good mood. One of my standard answers to that is that its the drugs, I'm just not sure if its the cheap ones or the expensive ones.

Then, there is the president of my fan club, Golden Grahams girl. We met a few months ago, again, just by her coming through my line. I said something, I don't remember what and she became an instant fan. In fact I think she's secretly the president of my fan club, but I'll pretend I don't know. She goes out of her way to come through my line and has said that when she stops in the store after a rough day she hopes that I am working as I always make her feel better. Last night, I looked up to see her in my line and she was so excited that I was working. There was a head cashier and a customer service cashier at the service counter, which is right next to the express aisle. They saw her reacting to me being there and said that "my fans" were here. Head cashier even said "I can see people putting one item back so they can come through my register. They'll be standing there saying 'Gee, I really need this bread but then I'll have nine items'."

They got a real kick out of Graham Cracker Girl and my other admirers.

I do too, really.

It makes this job SO worthwhile. I really want to thank the HEAD head cashier for hiring me two years ago this coming April.

No comments: