Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quick posting

Well, I was relieved yesterday to see my elderly gentleman. He was in getting a few things and went through another register (I was on express and had a huge line up). I was so happy to see him and told him I had been worried about him. He always smiles at me and remembers my name. How cool is that??!!!

Anyway he was asking me where the Valentine's candy was. Turns out he was hoping to score some little cinnamon hearts. So guess what I'm going to get for him today?



Also, I got to chase away a customer with too many items. I just happened to catch them walking up to my counter and asked if that was 8 items. They looked at me like I was purple and I explained that this was express AND rush hour. They still seemed to think there was something terribly wrong with me but chose to go to another cashier.

Wise decision.

And one last little mention about express. I have this lady that I am acquainted with purely from a cashier/customer point of view. She is always pleasant but has tried twice to take advantage of the fact that she thinks I'm a friend to sneak through with a few more than 8 eight items. The first time she asked and I said okay only because I wasn't busy. I told her that too. She knew it wasn't quite right because of the fact that she asked me and knew she had too many.

The second time was one day last week. I look up from finishing with one customer and see that she already has everything on the counter and it looked like a lot. Our machine counts the items you scan so I knew the total at the end of her order. There were 24 items. Sorry, but that is FOUR times what express is meant for. She never said anything about having too many and I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make her look any worse than she was already appearing to the other customers.

You may know me and I may be nice and all but this is still a store and I run express. The idea of express is to get people with small orders through, FAST.

I will NOT put up with her or anyone else trying that again. GRRROOOOWWWWWLLLL

No comments: