Saturday, May 31, 2008

And So It Goes On

Got to work two days ago to find that some poor new cashier was been trained by Yappy Girl. As much as I hate to admit it she seemed to do a fairly decent job as long as you could get past the fact that every simple instruction came with about sixty extra words spoken at break neck speed.

I knew what she was talking about and had a hard time following it. I can't imagine what the poor trainee was going through. She must have been shell shocked.

Oh well, at least the trainee doesn't talk as fast.

Had a young man come through express last night with about 25 items. I let him go because:
a) I wasn't busy and
2) he talks to me about what is happening with his life. (I think I am sort of an "in between phone calls to mom") mom figure. He was proud to say he has an apprentice job that is in his field of interest and finally got a first pay check. SO novelty of novelties he was going to eat!!

Kind of fun to touch base with these young people. It amazes me that they know what they want to do with their lives. I wish I did at that age. Maybe I wouldn't be a cashier now. Maybe I could have been a doctor or something. Instead of being told in high school by some whacked guidance counselor, that I should be a stewardess because "I was tall"????!!!! (wtf)

Ah well you can't get back the last note, so you go on and play the notes you can.

No comments: