Saturday, May 17, 2008

How hard is it to count??

I often times work in the express lane which has a big sign over it saying 1 - 8 items. HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND??????

Apparently very hard as lots of customers think that if they have "just a few more" it doesn't matter. Well, yes it does. That is why we have a 1-16 item lane as well.

Oh, the other regular lines are too long!!?? Well that's a shame. If you have to come to the express because you're in such a hurry then maybe you shouldn't have bought so much. But at least have the decency to ask the cashier whether they can put you through. I would gladly let you know whether I can get you through without disrupting the line too much. Otherwise you are slowing up my customers that are trying to get home with the last few (less than 8) supper items.

I really wish I could say to customers "this is express, which 8 items out of your 14 do you want?"

On the upside, I have a lot of regular customers that I will be talking about in upcoming posts. I, believe that I actually perform there more than work as I am always getting comments on how funny I am and how much my customers like me and prefer my line because of my personality. So stay tuned. I hope to be posting regularly.

No comments: