Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Princess needs to be Dethroned

Okay, I've had it. Overlapped the Princess's schedule yesterday. First off, why did she get the nicer time frame? Probably because there aren't as many customers to get pissed off by her 'lovely' attitude.


So I get there for my 2:00 start time and its busy right away. And it just kept getting busier. Unusual for a Wednesday afternoon. Jumped in and started getting em through. The Princess is lagging along as usual, and I seem to always have more people in my line than she does. It gets to be just after 3:00 (she's there until 3:30) and I notice that she's standing there looking at her go-backs. Five items. FIVE ! ! ! ! She picked up something and goes wandering off. When I glanced under her counter there were still four items there. (these items were, a huge jug of juice, a can of frozen orange juice and three cans of soup or beans. All could be carried at once although the bottle of juice could and should, for her size, have been done on its own.)

In the meantime I am getting a line again. I looked up and her light was still on so I asked another cashier if they knew where she was. They didn't but paged her. I had told the second gentleman in my line that she was open and he could start putting his groceries on her belt. The first man in line said "oh no, she said she was closed.' I said I don't think so, she's working until 3:30.

I tell this to Head Cashier who pages her again. I told the gentleman he could go ahead she'll be there in a minute. When she did show up she was SO PISSED. I really felt sorry for the guy I sent over. She has a pretty face when she smiles, but that is so rare. Usually she has this look like some one has just farted after eating cabbage and beans and did it right in her face.

She looked at the groceries on the belt and actually 'tsskked' because he had his food up there. Like the sign should have been enough. Apparently this is a trick of hers. She leaves the light on so the other cashiers think she's open but puts the sign up for customers to see. Then she wanders off, taking one basket back to the front or putting groceries away one at a time. Out of courtesy you are supposed to let another cashier know where you've gone.

I still did three customers in the time it took her to serve this poor gentleman. Never a smile, no acknowledgement other than to tell him his total. Anyway, she gets done with this customer and I look and she's gone again. Now it is still only 10 after 3:00 so she has a fair bit of time left. Head cashier comes over and asks where she is. I don't know, she was there a second ago.

Again they page her to cash because we were BUSY. She finally arrives and serves one whole customer and then closes up and turns her light out because she thinks its time to go home. She pretends to fuss about the register like she's tidying it up for the next cashier. And then takes her tray and is in the office by 25 after 3:00. She wasn't even on audit!! Of course by now there's no sense in sending her back out.


I told another Head Cashier last night that its time The Princess started getting written up and that someone should also be telling her that her shift goes until 3:30 NOT till 25 after. Unfortunately we have this 7 minute grace period on either side of your shift start and finish time. So theoretically you can start 7 minutes late and leave 7 minutes early and still be within the guidelines. The thing is, we all may use it sometime, because maybe you're late one day, or have to leave a little early to catch a bus or whatever. But I am REALLY tired of the girls that take advantage of it all the time!! The Princess being the worst one.


I have a great work ethic and I'm not tooting my own horn, but I know it to be true. I just do. Anyway, I am getting really tired of showing up on time and leaving on time and making it easier for others to be so slack and LAZY.

There had better start being a little more respect for fellow cashiers around this place.

No comments: