Monday, January 19, 2009

Again with the no brains??

Okay, you are about to spend a fair bit of money on your groceries. So why do you insist on piling them up like so much laundry? Why haven't you realized, after coming here who knows HOW many times, that there is a little barrier than makes the belt narrow down just as it gets to me?

Do you people want to know how many times I have rescued your eggs because you're too preoccupied to notice that you have once again set them up to get SQUISHED? And hey, use that thing on your shoulders for something other than a place to rest your damn ear buds. It only takes a little thought to realize that maybe, just maybe, the can goods should be on the belt first, then the produce then the fragile, squishy stuff like bread and eggs. I don't mind sorting it out for you as we go along, but just a LITTLE common sense isn't going to kill you. You actually may find you can use it in other aspects of your life. Like the idiots that leave the buggy at the end of my register therefore blocking any one else from coming through.

I WILL call you on it if I see it.

And, here's a novel thought: instead of picking up your 27 bags of groceries and then trying to maneuver the cart I made you pull through, why don't you put the bags in the cart, push it to the exit and THEN pick up the bags. That way, its easy to do and you aren't blocking my next customer.


You know I am soon going to have to post rules at my register.

1) No idiots.
2) No yapping on the friggin phone and talking so loud the whole store knows that your best friend is an idiot, but you wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.
3) No leaving the damn basket on the end of my belt and expecting me to take the stuff out. It WILL get dumped.
4) No crowding up on the customer who is still paying me. Wait your turn. It is NOT going to get you out any faster by standing closer to the exit. Respect their privacy and personal space.
5) No kids in diapers or otherwise sitting on my counter A N Y W H E R E ! !
6) No kids touching their snotty little fingers all over the keyboard to the debit machine.

and 7) if you've got bags of your own or want things packed a little differently please just say so. Don't wait until I'm done and THEN expect me to rebag it all. It takes up too much time and how would you feel if the person in front of you did it?



I just don't understand how people can be so stupid sometimes. I really don't.

Had a lady the other day. She bought two loaves of bread, a bag of potatoes, two canned goods and some eggs. I start to put both loaves of bread in one bag.
No don't do that, I want them separate.

Okay, can I put them in the smaller bags then?
No they're not strong enough.

WTF??? but okay, whatever. By now my 'nut bar' senses are in full alarm.

She then starts to go on about plastic bags not being a problem. Its the recyclable bags that are going to be the issue. The plastic degrades in the land fills just fine. Those reusable bags get dirty and why would you want to reuse them? She is blathering on about how its all made up by the garbage police and I'm just trying to get her out of my space. I run her card, hand it back to her and she signs the paper. I quickly move on to the next customer and think all is going to be fine.

Except, that when I go to put the items on my counter Nut Job is still standing there.
"You didn't give me my card back."
Uh, yes, I did. You put it in your wallet.
No 'thank you', no 'oh, I'm sorry, so I did." Just turned and left.

You're welcome!!!

Cow



Then I had the experience of going to one of our own stores, just a different location, on Saturday. I bought 4 grapefruit, two pink, two red, same price but different codes. Why would the cashier, who never even greeted me, weigh them one at a time? I had set them up in two piles of two and told her they were the same code. "yeah" she says. Now bear in mind, I have already taken out my employee card and showed it to her so she has to have figured that I work for the same company in SOME aspect or another. Then she packs my groceries.

Two grapefruit in one big bag, the other two in another big bag, the spinach salad in a third bag, the bread in a 4th, the eggs with the sandwich meat, and the chips with a canned item. total = six large bags

WRONG. I rebag it. Eggs on the bottom, bread and chips in same bag as eggs. Grapefruit (4) and spinach salad together. Canned item and sandwich meat in smaller bag. total = 2 big, one small bag.

She never said two words to me other than the original 'yeah' but could carry on a thrilling discussion with the other cashier about the perfume she was wearing. I got my discount and air miles and left. Not the best impression and I am a cashier. She had no idea if I was a mystery shopper or Mrs. Rich Bitch and thinking of switching stores. No 'have a nice day or thank you or kiss my ass'. Nothing. Not the best impression to leave customers with.


And speaking of mystery shoppers. We had one the other day, I heard. I'll keep you updated.


And one last thing. My picture will soon be updated.

No comments: