Sunday, January 11, 2009

Curioser and Curioser

I am not sure what happened but I did not get red boxed. There is no reason explaining it and I haven't dug too far. I suspect that somehow someone paid it for me. I further suspect it was a customer. But I guess I will never know.

People are wonderful.


Sometimes.


So the Princess has been copping more of an attitude than usual. A couple of weeks ago, head cashier asked (not told, but asked) her to start using the single bags.

an Aside: The bags we have now are just terrible. When you go to take one off after filling it, it pulls at least one more bag with it. You are then having to take that single bag and put it aside for the moment. We don't always have time between customers to set up these singles to be used right away. BUT, the company obviously doesn't want to lose money so would like us to use them up. Pain in the a$$ but sure what the heck. So when you have some down time you set a few of them up on your bag holder to use on the next customer.

Back to the Princess: After being asked, she said no she wouldn't use them. WTF???!!!! Oh wait, I know why. Its because she might have to actually work. Which means the rest of us pick up the slack for yet another one of her doofus little attitudes. Head cashier sort of insisted but she still won't do it.

THEN . . . . she is told to do some clean up and holy mackinaw I could clean the whole store in the time it takes her to get just the sweeping done. Not only that but if one more time she starts to sweep under my feet when I am serving a customer, and I DO mean UNDER my feet, there is going to be some chunks of hair flying around and it won't be mine.



We have some of our cashiers that are trained to work customer service. That means they have the responsibility of keying in employee discounts or doing lottery or refunds and other things like that. It also means that they are responsible for what the other cashiers do. Sort of like a mini boss. The interesting thing is that they are younger than me, but I have NO PROBLEM with recognizing their authority.

Not so the Princess. Junior head cashier asked her to do some cleaning and explained that the sweeping had been done so she was to clean belts and do garbages.

WHAT???!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Have her touch garbage or to actually work?? What are you thinking.

Jr. HC goes to serve a customer and comes back to find the broom being pushed along at the blinding speed of a snail, and agains asks her to do the belts and garbage. She grumbled something and walked away. Jr. HC is talking to another cashier later and the Princess decides to confront her about talking about her (the P) behind her back. Again, WTF.

Next thing you know, she is unable to show up for work all this week. HOW IS SHE STILL EMPLOYED HERE ? ? ? ? ?



Also Late girl has been doing better about being on time. Apparently the warning worked (she'd be written up EVERY time she was late starting Jan 1st) but she is also turning into some one who doesn't like to be on cash. Everytime you turn around she is off doing baskets, or buggies or counting her fingers or something. I had a line up the other day and she asked if I had go-backs (products customers have changed their minds about). I said no, would you open up your register. She just went about collecting go-backs. I asked her again to open up and she looked at me like I had just spoken to her in Klingon. So I told her to open and she finally did, but by now a head cashier had had to come out and open to relieve the crowds. Neither HC or I was pleased at this point.



And the last thing for today: Who in the hell thought up these new uniforms? Okay I wasn't too happy about wearing an apron but I have to admit it looks nice and its handy to have the two pockets on the front for pens etc. SO why did some schmuck decide that baby poop green VESTS would look good? And the cream coloured shirts with 3/4 sleeves and a slit in them???

Come on.... did you really look at these things? The shirts make the girls look like they have a hunch back because the cut is so bad, and the vests are so cheap looking. And they even covered up the buttons with a little flap.


Why would all the advertising show people wearing the black aprons over a white shirt and then you decide to change to these two pukey colours? That's right, I said PUKEY.

We have had a lot of comments on the professional look of the black and white and now this. Thank goodness the stupid vest was too small for me. I have been told that I will have to wear one as they have ordered more, but my god they are U G L Y. I am holding out as long as possible.

Not only do I feel that they are hideous BUT I get too hot in a regular shirt, let alone one with a vest over it. It wouldn't be too bad if they were 100% cotton as the fabric would at least breathe but to have any polyester in them at all means overheating. And I DO NOT like to be hot. I don't handle heat. Stick me in a fridge.

By the way, the vests look like something from the 70's.


And to end on a positive note:

Still lots of compliments on the store and layout and products. And have we been BUSY!!! holy moley, its been great. No standing around time. Well, okay, a little. But once the day gets going it is pretty much non stop. Granted the students are back but there are a lot more people we've never seen before coming in. And the produce is back up to the standard our original store was know for. Great ! ! ! !

No comments: