Thursday, December 25, 2008

SNOW ! ! !

We had this blizzard last Friday and it was so bad there was NO WAY I was driving my car. I figured I'd let a bus driver worry about getting me from A to B. I had anticipated that the storm would be as bad as they said so had bus tickets already. (Tickets work out the six bus rides compared to a cash price giving you 5 rides).

Anyway, I looked on line to see how long it takes in good weather and doubled it for bad. I was to be at work by 2:00pm so figured I'd leave at 12:00 just to be safe. My hubby walked to the stop with me and it was nice that he was worried and wanted to be sure I'd be okay. We waited in the open by a building that gave no shelter at all. It was blowing SO HARD that it was like having acupuncture all over my face. No matter which way you turned it was there. The bus finally arrived and he stopped, not where I was by the driveway, but by the bus stop sign that was still full of snow. (idiot)

It didn't take too long to get downtown but the wait there was HORRENDOUS. The wind was swirling because of the buildings, and the snow was brutal. I have no idea how long I waited other than when he finally came there was a rush for the bus and some young thing shoved me out of the way. I HAD A FREAKING CANE!!! I came so close to poking her in the ass with my ice gripping cane tip (read spiky).


So the point of the story is that I get to work and it is 2:00 pm exactly. I'm not sure if I am more surprised at how long it took to get there or the fact that I was on time! Now the part that really blew my mind was that after I was there an hour the Princess showed up!! You could have knocked me over with a feather. This is the same person that doesn't want to work any more than she has too and makes it very clear that she is above work anyway. So, here I am being all impressed and stuff and actually rethinking my opinion of her, when after ten minutes of being there she asks me why they won't let people go home. (WTF) THEN I hear her whining to head cashier that they should close the store and send us home. WE HAD CUSTOMERS! She also balked at the idea of taking a cab home when the husband thought it a better idea than risking the drive again. I can see his point, but I can also see why she was a little reluctant to cab it. I myself was going to call for a cab rather than riding a bus home again, but couldn't get an answer on the phone 90 minutes before I was to leave.

WE HAD CUSTOMERS! It wasn't crazy but it was steady. Its not like we were standing around for any length of time. There was barely enough time between customers to clean the belt. Where they were coming from, I don't know, but there were actually a few that were doing a full weeks' shop.

No comments: