Monday, June 23, 2008

Free Food?

Why would you come up to me with a big bag of walnut pieces, claim they are walnut crumbs (cheaper), and tell me you couldn't see to write the code number down. All this talking is done with your mouth full of walnuts. Which was disgusting by the way.

Did you really think I wouldn't see them? While surprise for you. Because when the code couldn't be found and I had to do the figuring myself I added in 25 cents for what you were eating. I hate people that think they can steal from the store.

Just a few of the regulars tonight. (I worked the 3:30 to 7:30 shift, which means express). Had some schmuck with 18 items, again. It is amazes me how many people have lost the ability to count. I said that out loud and the next few customers were in total agreement.

That's it for tonight. I'll rant a little more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tommi said...

Hi Sally,
Love your blog and your interesting comments on life at the food store.
You are my favorite cashier as you always have a big smile and a kind word for for all your customers. I know it can be tough there as I too have worked in the service industry and have been the meat between the bread of management and the customer. You can get chewed out a lot by both ends.
Keep up the good work and the blog!