Friday, March 19, 2010

Woo Hoo ! ! ! !

You know what was nice about today? I worked with three other people that know how to work. They got their jobs done, they didn't disappear on me, they were helpful and they were dependable. They actually only took 15 minute breaks too! ! ! !

What a PLEASURE! ! ! ! Thanks ladies! ! !

* * * * *

Guess what??!!!


I made it through a whole week without getting in trouble or doing something wrong. Correct that: being TOLD I did something wrong.

At one point I thought I was in for it. I was paged to pick up the white phone and I thought this is it. But turned out they wanted to know if I'd take a shift tomorrow (Saturday). I said no but afterward thought I should have said yes and given away a shift next week. I only have one day off next week. :-(

* * * * *

So yesterday, I'm working next to Molasses Girl, and talking to one of my customers about how we have to keep them moving through and the fact that I'm slow etc. Getting a chuckle out of it and some genuine surprise from the customer about the fact that I am SO SLOW !

Anyway, after the customer leaves MG turns and says "that's 'our' problem. We're too nice." NICE???? What in the hell has that got to do with how fast you do your job? I watched yesterday because I was behind her and saw that I do indeed scan at a much higher speed. Where I am losing speed, according to the way they time it, is that while I am waiting for customers to get their change or card or whatever, the timer on the keyboard is still running. So I am working hard at remembering to log out every time I am waiting more than two seconds for anything.
A N Y T H I N G! ! ! ! !

Lets see if that satisfies them.

There must be some other way you can judge how well the cashier is working.

Amount of money?
Number of customers?

I don't know.

No comments: