Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Latest Stuff

Tuesday's drawer was over by 2 cents. Customer left a nickel in change and I used three pennies for customers who didn't have one.

I ended up taking yesterday (Wednesday) off. By Tuesday evening my knee was so sore I couldn't bend it to walk. Its rather hard to move around when your leg is straight. Anyway, I knew that if I was in on Wednesday morning, being second cashier in would have me in the position of having to put away the go-backs from the night before. (Those are items that people change their mind about and are left at the register.)

Rather than hurt my knee more I was able to find a young girl willing to take the shift for me. So, I gave it away. I don't like to do that. I prefer the early shifts as I am a morning person, but I just couldn't do it.

Plus the second shift in is not as pleasant as it used to be. Too much tension and watching to see if you'll make a mistake.

* * * * *

Its sad how something can be said between one employee and another, and then have that conversation overheard, partially, by a third person. The third person tells a fourth person and when you hear about it again the story is changed into you having tried to get something done wrong. And YOU did it to be snotty???!!!!

No comments: