Thursday, August 7, 2008

Will Continue Trip info tomorrow

Sixth day at work since I came back from vacation. I have the next two days off and I intend to enjoy them. I'm going out for lunch with my best knitting friend.

Last night in the store I had the cranky ones in. The best by far was the RUDE lady. Now when you're on express (1 to 8 items) part of the responsibility is to keep a n eye on customer service and page if the head cashier is needed. So there's this lady standing there with her three boys in the 10 to 12 year category I'm guessing. She has her back to me and I ask if she needs help with lottery. Without even turning: "Yeah."

To me that was very rude so thought 'well you can just wait a little bit then'. I served a couple more customers and when I again had a second I asked her, very politely whether she wanted help.

"YEAH."

And I couldn't resist.

"Did you mean please?" I asked. Eyebrows angry and all. Her kids jaws dropped and she looked like she didn't know what to do. At which point I paged again as the head cashier rounded the corner. I really wished she had said something or the eye contact hadn't been broken by the Head arriving.

This customer has always been a little rude and has attitude like she is above us mere working stiffs. She 'expects' to be treated like a princess and it won't be happening at my register any time soon.

Then I have another foreign type person some up and start unloading the buggy with LOTS of items. I was serving the one before them and didn't notice until they had a lot of stuff up already. There was no one behind them and I told them it was express but as they had the items out I would go ahead. They chatted back and forth in some language or another and the hubby started to take the items back. I said no, they had the stuff out already I would go ahead. While the hubby looked very apologetic the wife was like it was her right. At the end he smiled and nodded and she asked for the receipt which I was already handing her but never thanked me for taking the order through. Another one committed to memory.

And on the plus side, being on express was again fun. I had one young couple that I was goofing with and just being myself with and he said "I've never had this much fun at a grocery store!" I said "thank you. A lot of people think I work here but I think I perform." I love a captive audience even if it is for mere minutes at a time.



Two pictures to hold you over until tomorrow.

My dog, Sidney.






This is the before and after picture of my snake.

Started at 14 inches, now almost 8 feet.

No comments: