Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just let me carry a taser for a little while

So we still get people complaining about the cold, but I sometimes wonder if they ever use their brains.

Standing at express on Saturday and it wasn't all that busy. There is this woman that I recognize as a semi-regular and I have always had a lot of sympathy for. She has this teenage(?/ maybe early twenties) son. He is REALLY weird. One day he wouldn't stop talking in Klingon and his mother always seems distressed with trying to control him. He knows how to push every button she has and I have felt like she is at her wits ends with him.

She had a buggy full of items but I had no one at my register and we weren't very busy so I asked her to come through my aisle. BIG MISTAKE!

Rather than 'thank you' she started in with how cold it was. (Bear in mind, that like every day these past few weeks it had just rained so they were wet and had been walking around an air-conditioned store.)

"Did the store not want their customers to shop here, why was it so cold, as a customer it is unfair to me, If they don't wish to have customers in the store they should just say so, its disrespectful to me, I could take my business elsewhere, I can spend my money someplace else, there is no reason for it to be this cold, what about the energy crisis, other stores are adjusting their temperatures".... ad infinitum.

I never got a chance to say a word. She just kept on the attack all the time. I now suspect that either she's the reason the kid is the way he is or that BECAUSE of him she needed to vent and I was the closest target.

Never once was their any appreciation or a chance for me to explain or even answer. As they walked away she was still complaining, but for once there wasn't a sound from the kid.

......

Yappy Girl is ticked that she can't win the contest twice. Apparently its not 'fair' to give any one else a chance.

The other day we overlapped for two hours with her. I was right next to her, and behind her. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE THAT WAS.

The looks of the faces of her customers was down right painful. She was trying to go so fast it was like she was in hyperdrive. She just rushes through the whole experience. The customers are not greeted in a very polite way, she rushes their groceries through like they are NOTHING, she is still rushing them when she ask if its cash, debit or credit then grabs the card rushes it through and and hands it back to them. As soon as it prints out, as SOON as, she grabs it gives it to them to sign and is ringing up the next customer. The first customer is standing there looking totally shell shocked. She has sometimes had as many as three customers at a time all looking confused and very concerned about whether they are even getting their own bags!!

If she has no customer she turns her back on the one she had or she will grab their bags of groceries and start putting them in the cart for them. Now, that isn't necessarily a bad thing EXCEPT that it is also done at breakneck speed and without a whole lot of caution. I see the faces of the customers and I just wish one of them would snap at her.

She even decided to 'help' one of my customers and grabbed a bag that only had a cake in. Of course it weighed nothing and therefore it flew up into the air. Luckily she saved it but the customer did NOT looked pleased.


I wonder when a customer is going to just light into her. I hope when it happens that she learns something from it, but I have a strong feeling she won't. She seems to think that she does nothing wrong. Ever.


All in all, I think the customer is left with a very bad impression of our staff and store.

No comments: