Saturday, August 30, 2008

Well Today's the Day

I have to be at work in a little over 4 hours. It'll be interesting to see what today brings.

We have some pretty decent specials on and product is still sort of all over the place with some items being moved to new locations. Hopefully a lot of the people coming in to stock up today won't notice much as they'll be new to the area. They won't notice its moved if they didn't know where it was in the first place.


I wrote to the new owners the beginning of the week with the hope that they may have information on the new uniforms. They replied yesterday and all they would say was that they hope to have them finalized by the end of September. A quote from their email when asked about the salad bar: "Also, concerning the Salad Bar, it is still being tested." I had told them how much the seniors rely on it.



Three of last year's cashiers have checked in so far. They start after Labour day. It will be nice to have some of the old team back, but the team we have now is pretty darn good. There are a couple that COULD be gone but for the most part it is a joy to work with all of them. The majority REALLY care about customers and that is very important to me. I know it is vital for the store but I find it so hard to watch when someone doesn't do something right in their way of treating our customers.

I know I'm not perfect, by any means, but I think I do know how to treat people. I think that they want to be treated with common courtesy and like they are important. I don't think they want to stand there while the cashiers carry on conversations with each other even if their groceries are being checked out at the same time. I also think that they want to feel they are getting good value for their money. That means they want their items packed well and efficiently. They want to be heard and they want to feel like coming back. They don't want to feel like they are eating into my time.



Well, I have vented a little. I am going to do some knitting now for my best friend and then I'll have more to say this afternoon.

See Ya!!!

No comments: