Friday, August 29, 2008

So, I'm a day late. Sorry. :-(

I got busy yesterday (day off and all) and didn't write. I had some running around to do and what not.

Anyway, today was pretty good. We're gearing up for the weekend onslaught.

We are very close to a MAJOR university, a pretty big college and direct neighbours to a high school. ALL the students start coming back over the next few weeks. THAT means stocking up PLUS all those kids that are living away from home for the first time will have parents buying all the stuff they need to set up their dorm or apartment or room.

Lots of cleaning stuff will leave the store. We will be bizzz - zzeee!!!

Almost all the cashiers are working tomorrow and Sunday. We're closed Monday for Labour Day and will open again on Tuesday for some more crowds.

I'm on number 1 (express) again tomorrow afternoon but on Sunday I'm in at 8 in the A.M. so I think I'll be on a regular register. There is something frightening about seeing a buggy coming at you that is overflowing and you're wondering where to put everything.



A while back I talked about this lovely gentleman who buys two tins of beans for the food bank every time he's in the store. Well he came in today and was very glad to see me. I think he is such a sweetheart. The kindest face next to my Dad's. Anyway, he said he hadn't seen me for a while and I said I'd missed seeing him. We chit chatted a little and as he was leaving he stopped and said that I make him smile inside.

That is one of the nicest things anyone has said to me. I hope my Mum and Dad can somehow know what people say about me. I would like to think that they are very proud of the way I have turned out.



Mrs. Violet was in twice today. On Wednesday she brought me a copy of a recipe that I had asked her for. She is the one that thinks I have 'niceness' in me. She has brought in these neat little 'cookies' before and I gave a taste to one of the other cashiers. Well, they turn out to be just what HER grandmother used to make for her so I had asked Mrs. Violet if she wouldn't mind sharing the recipe for my friend. She had stopped in before I was there, today.

Mrs. Violet goes walking, A LOT, and she almost always stops in the store to get herself some little things for her dinner or breakfast the next morning. When she came in today she asked if I had gotten the recipe and then said that she hadn't expected to see me. She was going home to change out of her sweater (much warmer today than she thought it was going to be) and then come back with something she had made for me.

Sure enough, half an hour later, there is this sweet lady standing behind my register just waiting for me to have a minute and she's holding a little tin with some home made truffley things. SO CHOCOLATY!!!




And I'm special ? ? ? ? ?

No comments: