Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Ding Dong the Botch is Gone! !! ! !

Now we can get back to normal.

I don't think it is right to go in a cash drawer when the cashier is no there. I don't care who you are. Unless you have at LEAST one other employee watching your hands how do I know what you have done?


She even changed it up that our cash drawer had 5 bundles of $100.00 each consisting of 4 tens and 12 fives. We hardly ever use tens. In fact I've heard that we often send them back to the Money Company Guys because we need more fives. (as an aside, I hope the next bill they turn into a coin is a ten not the five. We just don't use tens that often.)


You open a tray to start and your float consists mostly of coin rolls and few bills???? WTF. We weren't allowed to buy $60.00 worth of fives.May not sound like much, but after 6 years there you sort of learn how much money you're going to need and when. And the last Friday before a long weekend, you kinda need enough money to do cash-backs.

Anyway, she's gone and know our 'new' head cashier can start to make the job her own. I'll keep you posted on that one.

* * * * *

Had two separate occasions where I was dealing with an older customer and the customer behind had a comment about my treatment of them. Both on the same day!

The first one was a lady who wasn't really keeping her money in a good place in her wallet. Too much cash was showing and it was all in one place. I gave her a few tips on that and she thanked me and left. When I apologized to the behind customer, he said no, that was all right and then told me I should have been a nurse. "The way I handled that was so caring!"

Then later a lady came in with a couple of toddlers and a baby. The kids were behaving but the baby was getting a little fussy so I started to talk to him. He'd make these complain noises and I'd said I know what you mean. Then he'd make another sound and I'd have some other comment to make. He sure stopped fussing and listened to me like I knew what I was talking about.

I love doing that with babies. The customer behind her told me I should have been a teacher.

* * * * *

Oh yeah! And sometimes if I'm too early I'll sit out on the wall where our doors open and just greet the customers. I know so many of them so its quite fun to do and most times I get a chuckle and a thank you. But yesterday, I see this guy walking towards the store, fancy suit, WHITE shirt, clipboard and all official looking. Just a few days before we had had some big wigs in and everybody is running around like the Queen and the President have just come shopping. SO I sort of think this guy may be from head office and, never one to miss a chance to make a smile, I greeted him too. Well he looked a little surprised then gave a small, genuine chuckle and asked how I was. To which I replied "just terrific, thanks!"

Lets see if anyone hears about that one.

* * * * *

No comments: