Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Do we not CARE about customers anymore??

Worked Monday from 10:30 - 2:30. It was insane. Not only did some schmuck decide to do a backup on the computers, which kept taking different devices out, but we had only three people that could 'work.'

When one of them went on her lunch there was just two of us out front. We ended with one girl on the second register having to take all the large as well as small orders and myself on express, with the 1 - 8 (yeah right) items. The first time we paged for a cashier we were told that the day's cash had just arrived. So...... No one can come out and treat customers with the respect they deserve? Might I point out the the Botch can do cash but does not come out to help. And besides, it doesn't take three of you to do that. No sense having cash if we lose all our customers due to lousy service.

Then I paged because I can not STAND seeing customers having to stand in a big line up. Didn't even get an acknowledgement. Even when the cashier came back from lunch The first of four customers that transferred to my line asked me to page again, which I did, to no response. Again.

Yes, lousy service. We have customers who come to our store because they 'always have' and because 'they like the size' and because they like a lot of the cashiers.

But some of the complaints are that the store too often is out of something that is in the flyer.
Or even something that they have bought for a long time, suddenly not being there.
They want to know why we cater to the students to the detriment of the the older people who have kept this store going.
They comment on some management treating them rudely or like they are beneath them.
There are comments about trying to get a grocery item checked for price.
And especially the fact that there aren't enough cashiers. And enough pleasant ones either.

In fact we had a mystery shopper in one day who wrote in her report about the cashiers talking too much to other cashiers. And not smiling or even acknowledging the customers.

Bad, BAD customer service.

And one last thing. If you know we are busy out there why would you call on the bat phone to tell us why you can't come out or have we covered the shift for someone or something else. I don't care why you can't come out and help when we have ten or twelve people in line. I just care that you don't. If I don't answer after the second call then I am busy with my customers who come FIRST to me. I will call you as soon as I am done with the customer. We can be seen on the cameras when its time to tell us we aren't working, or we're slouching or something, so I'm guessing you know when we're halfway down the cereal aisle in customers.

So, get off my back and let me do my job.





No comments: