Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Botch Tries To Takeover

We have a new character! ! ! !

(The Diva will have to wait).

So there has been a shift in the cash office. We have a new NHC (New Head Cashier) learning the ropes. Problem is, while there IS seniority there is NOT the knowledge of the job. Consequently the replacee was asked to do the training. To which she said "uh, NO!!!!" Can't say I blame her. She has done a marvelous job of running the store and everyone likes her. She is approachable.The replacor, now has a head cashier person (let's call her Botch) from another store showing her what to do.

The problem in, that said 'head cashier' has quite the attitude on her. Apparently she is better than us. Or at least that is the impression she is giving off. Now, I don't like change any more than anyone else, but don't come on MY turf and start to tell me how to do MY job!

I am hearing too many incidents of "well, at MY store, we do this....". Who cares, our store has a whole different dynamic, and is smaller. You can't come in and start doing this. That may be how your dictatorship works, but its not flying well here. You're not only messing with the new persons head, but now you're messing with EVERY cashier. Changing a system that works, for one like you want it to be, is not a good idea.

There are things that the customer service cashiers (CSC) used to do that are no longer 'allowed'. These are things the CSC needs to be able to do in order to finish her job. Simple things like performing an audit on a tray. We need to have the printer part of the machine with them. Now they have to ask permission to use it. I have yet to see the new cashier come out and do cash. Botch says we don't need it out here.

Botch also doesn't approach properly when asking for money for pickups. That's when we start to accumulate money in the tray exceeding the float by more than is necessary. I was at my register doing my job, when some woman comes up behind me, (this is before I have even met her) and says she needs my money. I turned around to look and didn't know who she was, but DID see the NHC so figured it was alright.

But seriously, coming up behind someone, not even introducing yourself and then asking for money???? She's lucky I held back my initial reaction, which was to knock the breath out of the 'robber'. Well, how am I supposed to know who you are? Plus she starts to tell me how to do it! ! ! ? ? ?

And what the hell is with changing the coin drawers so the penny compartment is back in play? Are you freakin' nuts? We have to make change in a hurry and suddenly YOU decide that that is how its done at YOUR store. You want our coupons all done a certain way, and the price reduced stickers done another way. Then we can not loan from one register to another. We can only get extra money from the cash drawer. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get someone to get to the service desk? Do you know why they take so long to getting there? Because now that hours have been cut, yet again, we have been operating with a skeleton crew in the daytime.

Two days this week I was the only other cashier working. I was on a 'regular' register and someone on express. Two people to handle crowds.At several points on Monday I would have a lineup of more than eight people! ! ! ! We should only have three in a line before another cashier comes out to help. My store just seems to be concerned about ONE thing. That is customer service. I keep telling them that that is what will keep ahead of the competition. 


Please go back to your store.

No comments: