Monday, June 24, 2013

Wow, That Was Rough

Friday was my first 8 hour day in roughly two years. My knee held up fine. It was rough but not nearly as bad as it used to be.

Standing all that time wasn't a problem and the time went fairly fast. Till 2:45 or so. Then the clock stopped. But there was my hubby to pick me up right on time at 3:30. But the next day my back was SSSSSSOOOOOOO sore. It has just gone away after three days.

Enough about me, for now.

I have still not exchanged one word with the Botch. She does however wait until I am not at my tray and then cleans it out. I came back from break to find I had two twenties. I don't like having that small amount in case I need to do a cash back. I'm not allowed to borrow from another tray any more. So they want me to call them out instead when I need money?

Plus they (well, she) has decided that our coin cups will all be rearranged. Loonies, quarters, dimes, nickels and an empty cup at the bottom and the toonies back up above. And also, why would you do that when the trays are not uniform anyway. Half the trays have the extra coin cup on the right; the other half on the left. When you're counting out change for your customers its nice to be able to do it fast and accurate. Having all the coins in one row makes it easy to do that. Each tray would be consistent.

And now coupons go one place, air miles stickers somewhere else and the money-off coupons we are supposed to rip in half and throw out. And don't forget the coin star coupons which have a special place as well.

Changes are fine if they make sense, but don't bring them all in at once. That is asking for mistakes.

* * * * * 

Ended up doing a tiny (2 second) spot on the news the other night. Been recognized by 8 customers so far. You'd think I was 'a star' the way they talked.

Off to see if today brings any fun stuff today. Plus it was a full moon and that usually brings out the strange. And I will acknowledge that Monday was a really weird day in the store with all the glitches we had.

(what kind of idiot schedules a computer back-up during the day???)

No comments: