Thursday, June 4, 2009

Full Moon in only THREE days ? ? ? ! ! !

What the heck was with people yesterday??

First off, some guy has to get into an argument with the cashier next to me about the bags. Sorry, we have to charge for them now, the money goes to a good cause and, yes, we inform you of the cost so its not a surprise at the end. We aren't just allowed to charge you for something and not tell you. That's robbery.


Then TCFH (The Cashier From Hell) is working (?) yesterday and has two people in her line. She sends someone to me, on EXPRESS, without the courtesy of letting me know he's coming and he has a ton of items. I asked him if he realized this was express and he said the lady up there sent me here. So I said, oh, okay, but do you mind if I take the lady behind you, she only has one item? Well he starts to mumble and grab his groceries off the belt. I said its okay sir, she only has one item, you can leave your stuff there. He still keeps taking it off and I tried to again stop him. But he was obviously pissed and went back up to TCFH's register. God only knows what she told him. I saw him leaving and he was still pretty pissed. I debated whether to apologize again and then thought better of it. The customers that I had at the counter at the time seemed to agree with me and didn't understand why he insisted on leaving my line up.

The point is, that if TCFH had just given me a heads up this would have been avoided.

Speaking of TCFH, she can be a very nice person. She's smart, great sense of humour, little acerbic at times, but for the most part I like her. EXCEPT, when she deals with customers, and co-workers. THEN, she just doesn't seem to get it.

* * * * * *

We are now charging for bags. My problems with this are:
1) We were supposed to be getting a larger, stronger bag that we were going to charge a nickel for. But instead we have the same terrible bags we had before and are selling them instead. That's not right. I told a lot of people that we were getting the stronger bags and that at least the bag was bigger than what we had. Looks kind of bad to be selling these flimsy things.
2) I don't understand why we are not going to paper. I don't just mean our store but all grocery stores. Paper bags have so many uses. If they cost more than the plastic ones then charge for them. At least they are a lot easier to recycle. You can even put them in your green bin!!

By the way, did you know that the paper bags that sugar and Quaker oats come in can be used for holding compost materials and then put right in the green bin? Also that you can add shredded newspaper? They don't HAVE to be shredded but they will pick up a lot more of the moisture from your bin if you tear them up first.

* * * * * *

This week has been a little easier for my part of the job as I have actually been working with my peers instead of the slower-than-molasses-in-January girls. It means that, other than when TCFH is here, the work load has been spread out.

* * * * * *
One last little tidbit: The Belmont Stakes is run this Saturday and I made myself UNAVAILABLE for work. I have not missed any one of the Triple Crown races for over thirty years; until this years Preakness. I forgot to book it off or make myself unavailable, so I had to watch it on tape. At least I was able to avoid hearing how the race went. It was still pretty thrilling to watch, though. you don't often get a filly beat a colt. Alas she's not running in the Belmont.

* * * * * *
Signing off for now. I have to work this morning and then this afternoon I am helping my friend with her annual tent sale of last yarns from her store.

DROOL . . . . .

Same thing tomorrow, so if you are a knitter, please go to http://www.needleemporium.com/ and check out the sale. Here's a little bit from Julie's web page:

2009 Tent Sale

Thursday June 4 - 7pm-11pm
Friday June 5 - noon-7pm
Saturday June 6 - 10am-1pm

The sale will be at the Parish Hall (the small white building) behind St. John's Church (corner of Wilson and Halson St.)

50gram balls $3
100gram balls $6

1 comment:

khatcher said...

I've been reading the blog trying to figure out who people are. No luck, for the most part except for TCFH!! I know exactly who that is! (Psst, its Kate)