Friday, June 5, 2009

Sensory Overload OR Why Can't I do This EVERYDAY???

Well, I worked five hours at the store yesterday. THEN . . . . went home, rested for an hour and went to help at THE tent sale.

As stated before its actually in a church hall and was to start at 7 pm. So I get there for 5 pm as requested and most of the boxes are set up. Everything packed on tables etc. What a site to behold. If you are a knitter this is a picture of what heaven's back room must look like. Heaven's front room looks like The Needle Emporium which, again, if you are a knitter you absolutely HAVE to visit at least once.

Julie explains how she wants it to work and we spend time putting red stickers on $1.00 balls and tidying up different items. Except that it was done so well, we were ready at 6. BUT, as in true sale style we ARE NOT letting anyone in until 7.

At 6:30 the line up started. By the time it was seven and they poured through the doors there must have been a hundred people or more!! You could not see across the room for people. I only saw one woman with her elbows out, though. She literally made a beeline for this one section and actually did elbow her way through. I guess she knew what she wanted and NO ONE was stopping her.

Again, I had just finished 5 hours on my feet at the store so I was hurting pretty bad in my knees. Well, my job at the sale was basically to answer questions and keep an eye on things. I started to notice people with their bags full but other items clenched in their hands, so I thought that I'd start handing out extra bags. WELL, I'd say 95% of them took them and were able to fill a second bag. I can't wait to hear what the sales total was for yesterday.

I did this last year but was not fortunate enough to work the first evening. I was blown away by the number of people that came to this. I wished I had thought to ask who came the furthest.

I HAD A BLAST! ! ! !

By 10:00 Julie had already asked me to sit down three times because I looked so tired and at 10:30 I was sent home. I was so freakin sore I can't describe it.

Did I care??? NOT ONE LITTLE BIT.

I would do this again and again and again. Absolutely wonderful experience. Seeing so many people getting yarns that they loved and then seeing others in little corners going through what they grabbed the first time through so they could get complimentary yarns or colours on the second trip through. One back room had about five ladies in their own little spots going through yarn and then trading with each other. And they hadn't even PAID yet!!!

Thank you Julie for a wonderful evening.

And I get to go back again today???!!!!!

Pinch me. I must be dreaming.

No comments: