Sunday, May 31, 2009

So.??? Its been a while. . . . .

What's new?

Well, first off. Late girl is not doing it occasionally now. It is becoming the norm for her to show up late. Usually 15 or so minutes but the other day it was an hour and a half!!!


Some of the younger girls just don't seem to get it.

There's a scam artist that has been going around with a credit card and when its scanned through we are told to call for authorization. Well doesn't the customer pipe up with "oh, I have the number" and the cashier is stupid enough to use it. What, in bleeding hell, would possess any one to do that??????????

Rumour has it that one cashier was hit twice by this guy. Anyone worth their weight in salt knows that it is US that calls for authorization and therefore US that would get the number. NOT the customer!!



Also, for some reason they have cut hours, decided because of this to pair a 'weak' cashier with a 'strong' one. This is going to "help" even out the load. You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!!???

The reason they are 'weak' cashiers is because they don't know how to apply themselves anyway. So they get put with someone that will take up the slack and keep them from looking so bloody useless???

I, for one, am getting very tired of this arrangement. I happen to care very much about the customers and I don't like to see them waiting for a person that doesn't realize she can use two hands at the same time. I further do NOT like the fact that I bust my a$$ to get the customers through, while someone other cashier takes ten minutes to collect baskets and put them away, followed by a stop at the courtesy counter to chat and then pretending to do some perfunctory shelf straightening.

Oh, and I have had the first customers complaining about the temp in the store. And starting June 1st we will be charging for bags. Happily they are not supposed to be what we now use. They'll be a bigger bag made of thicker plastic.

They still won't go for paper.



I am wide awake right now (5:27 am Sunday morning) and have not been asleep since 6:30 AM Saturday morning. My hubby's tribute band (see side links) played their first MAJOR gig last night.

It was un - freakin-believable. The crowd was right into it which gave the band such an immense boost. Everything was perfect. I was so wired when I got home that I just couldn't sleep. They were truly amazing. I CAN NOT wait for the next shows coming up.

No comments: