Friday, July 25, 2008

Theft

Its something you have to deal with. I just get so very angry. I could probably HURT someone if I caught them stealing.

I was working on Monday at register 4 when I heard a bit of a commotion. Not much, just enough to make you look up. All the men that work in the store were at the front and seemed to be following someone. Short story: they got the meat back. Turned out a young couple had stolen one of our recycle bags and proceeded to fill it with choice cuts from the meat counter. In total, it was almost $300.00 worth. The got away but we kept our product. Whether the men got the license number I don't know, but I sure hope so.

I found that I was really bothered by the attempt for the rest of my shift and even when I got home I could have throttled the thieves if someone had shown them to me.

I once, ONCE, as a kid stole a little white plastic horse from The Bay at Eglinton Square. I never, ever enjoyed that toy. I always felt like someone was going to come knocking on the door and tell my parents what a terrible person I was and that I should be drawn and quartered, and tarred and feathered, made to go to bed with out supper, disowned, put up for adoption, and any other myriad consequences from my life as a criminal.

I am so disgustingly honest now that it almost hurts. I can see where people may be hungry or what ever, but you CAN'T steal stuff! Its just not right.

They obviously didn't think anyone was watching. Just goes to show that criminals really are STUPID.


The first winner is in for the speedy cashier award. Not me. Oh well, although the gift certificate and the little paper award is nice. Just have to try for next time. I have enough hours this week that maybe I can get it. Hardly any hours next week. We are going to Gettysburg, PA for a little trip and I am really looking forward to it.

Later.

No comments: