Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Check-Out Speed

Our stores are having a check-out contest. Its for speed and accuracy. The winner could get a week off work with pay!!

We are automatically entered and just have to do the job the best we can and see what happens.


Last night I was on express again. Had two women come through with a small order and two kaisers in each of two bags. We sell a lot of buns and things there so sometimes its hard to know which ones they have. But kaisers are unmistakable. I even asked if that's what they were and was told yes.

I rang them through, collected the money and they left. So I thought! They actually went back over to bakery and then came back and asked to speak to customer service. I asked what was wrong and they said "you rang these in wrong. They are French rolls." I didn't think so but apologized right away and said that I could do it as it was only a refund of a few cents. The second woman by now is starting to complain about the cost of things in the store and why would she pay that amount for buns when she could get them at (the enemy) for less. I asked that the first woman just put her name and phone number on the refund sheet and I could give her the money so she could be on her way. ( I have been told to do that since day one)

She looks at it like I'm handing her a live grenade. (hmmm) Anyway, she says "I'm not comfortable with signing that or especially giving you my phone number." (WTF) Okay, I say I'll call customer service but she's going to have you do the same thing.

Head cashier comes out and says that she didn't have to give her number. "Well, she said we HAD to."

Crap!!

They are still muttering about how I tried to rip them off and things are so expensive here. Second is walking over and looking at stuff and saying "like, look how much this is. I can get it for blah, blah, blah over at the enemies."

So head cashier rings in the "French rolls" as small kaisers, because they have magically turned into that. They were NOT SMALL KAISERS.

After they leave, I here Head cashier muttering about "if stuff is so expensive then what are you doing shopping here?" I told her I agreed and hopefully they won't be back. They had such negative air around them.

They never said, at the time, that I charged them wrong. I asked if they were kaisers and was told they were, so I think the two of them are just miserable women that like to bitch.

Hopefully they won't come through the store again. Maybe we scared them away with our 'outrageous' prices.


The next customer was one of my regulars and commented about how negative they were. He asked if I'd keep my eyes open for them again and ban them from my line. I said no, the way I get even is they go in the blog.

This was in the first half hour I was there last night. Then ten minutes later doesn't some woman come up with a buggy load of stuff and start piling it on the counter. I didn't even say anything. I didn't know whether I wanted to get into it with another customer that can't count or to just figure that the rules didn't apply to her and process the order. So that is what I did. I put the stuff through. She never acknowledged me. No thank you or I'm sorry or anything. I took her money and sent her on her way with a big circle on her receipt around the total of items she had. Probably won't even notice, but I don't care. She's in the blog and therefore not forgotten and will be watched for the next time around.

Well, I am off to get some knitting done for a friend of mine. Already made three pound cakes and got a load of laundry out today.

Day off so I am 'relaxing'.

1 comment:

Kerry S said...

ROFLMAO oh man, I've been off work due to an accident and I can tell exactly who "unknown" is writing about,, Keep up the good work! That is unless I am one of the head cashiers your complaining about,,, jk