Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So . . . . What's new

Okay, still don't know anything about the cashier that left. Rumours are rampant, but I will not spread them on here. Suffice it to say, I miss her terribly and hope all is well.


Now, some suits were in last week and they have decided it is better to be counting the money out at the registers instead of in the office. They no longer want cashiers in the cash office. WTF??

I suppose on some level it makes sense, but I don't think it is a great idea to be showing people money. Enough said.

We have lost a few cashiers lately. One student just spent her last day with us and won't be back as she's done schooling. Lots of fun and will miss her personality. And we have a few new cashiers, one of whom seems to be a princess sort of fill in. (more on that one later)


There is a schmuck that has been going around with a stolen Amex card and scamming the stores in the area. I am proud to say that the bastard didn't try it with me. I have dealt with Amex cards enough to know that they are really anal when it comes to someone messing with their cards. If you need an authorization code you HAVE TO PHONE THEM.

Anyway, it seems this thief thinks he's smart by targeting the younger cashiers. I haven't met an 'older' one yet that he has tried his bit with. I hope he comes through my register. After the fun I have had over the past two weeks getting MY money back because of an internet scam, I'd be ripe to have him try something with me. I'd probably rip him limb to limb just on principal alone.


The story of my scam experience took almost two weeks to clear up. It was full of ups and downs, help and futility, accusations and resolutions. The good parts were with the online paying system, the bad points with my own bank. I got the money back and had to retrieve it myself, but the bank left me a nice voice mail yesterday that said how the money was now back in my account and sounding like they were very proud of themselves for solving this. I am NOT going to let this go with them.

Any way, if you REALLY want to know the whole story and I hear from enough people I'll make it a blog note.


Back to store stuff. Buggy stealing is still ticking me off. I don't know why they can't just bring them back or . . . . hey . . . . DON'T STEAL THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

What is it about people that makes them think that they can hold up my cash line by putting the groceries on the belt and then wandering off to get 'one more thing'? Three different customers in less than an hour! I will shove their groceries back and serve everyone else that comes along until they return. I DO NOT hold the line up. If there are just a few items I'll put them underneath and then when they come back innocently ask "Oh, were those your items? I didn't see anyone so I thought someone changed their mind." Hopefully they get the message.

As I gallop towards 60 years of age, (2 more years) I am starting to become less willing to put up with idiots. I know how I want customers to act and I have very thin margins for their behaviour.
A T T I T U D E is NOT appreciated, nor tolerated. I am becoming more inclined to react negatively when they have been rude or inconsiderate. I find it hard to do that. But NOT impossible.

Granted you are shopping in our store but it does not mean you have the right to treat myself or my customers badly. Be considerate and you get pleasantry, be obnoxious and you get that in return.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she was actually stealing, i myself was shocked. i wouldnt beleave it if i haddent seen the tapes. I would have never suspected she would be the type. I think there must be more to the story than we all know. I do feel sorry for her and i wish she would have asked for help if she needed money, It just goes to show that u really never know how people truly are. :(