Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wow, Where have you been??

Been a while I know.

So, the store is nearly done. We have new concrete at both entrances. You had to have heard the noise of buggies entering and exiting the store to know what an big deal that was.

We have new tiles on the walls in the hot food section and in the bakery. We also have fancy shelving now that makes the store look so new and updated. People are wondering whether prices are going to rise as soon as its all done. I think they will a little due to gas costs etc, but I don't think it will be TOO bad. (at least I hope not) Apparently the store over the bridge is getting a big renovation as well. A few customers have mentioned that.



We have our new uniforms now. We are to supply dress pants AND dress shoes (with rubber soles). In other words NO RUNNING SHOES. Great. Except what do you do if you need a runner because you wear orthotics? Also, I can't afford to buy MYSELF a pair of pants let alone a pair I have to wear for work!! To be fair though, we were told that they can supply us with pants, but don't know what they look like yet and when they'll have them. I honestly don't care much as long as they sort of fit. They have got to be better than what I have now.

Funny thing is, I was not looking forward to the clothes change, etc, but after sitting through the meeting and listening to what's happening, I actually feel bad. I feel like a slob in what I wear now. I feel like I don't represent the company as well as I could. I am always a professional in my manner and the way I treat customers but after trying on the new shirt its hard to put on my old shirt and pants now.


Worked with TCFH (cashier from hell) today. She was okay until I went on my break. I hadn't even left the area when I hear her bitching about the fact that she is the only one working. "Can somebody open up?". This was said too loudly and was unnecessary as another cashier was standing two feet away from her. She only had to ask her rather than announcing to all and sundry that she's crude and rude.


The Princess was in today as well as The Unreliable One (UO). The UO didn't even show up the day before. She was there for five minutes today before she started to complain about how she doesn't know what she's doing there and she's messing up her packing, letting unbagged items go without green stickers (the proof that something has been paid for). I honestly don't understand why she is still employed. I can count on one hand the times that she has been on time. I hate working with her and/or the the Princess because I end up doing twice the work. Granted they get a fair share of customers, but when they're working and I'm on express I get a lot of people with too many items trying to get into my line because they don't want to deal with the attitude or the slowness.


Yesterday was a great day, though. I worked with a few of the girls that its a pleasure to be with. Even thought they have stresses in their lives, they are still professional, considerate and pleasant to others, especially co-workers. I like most of the girls actually. There are not too many I don't like. Maybe four or five. I just don't have the time for slackers or lazy people or people with at-ti-tude.


And one last thing. I was mentioned at a university party. One of the girls I work with, Long Lost Grand-daughter (LLG-d), went to a party and got talking to someone there abut the fact that she is a cashier at the store. She was asked which store and when she told the guy he got all gushy about how there is this cashier that is so terrific and always asks how he is and what he's making for dinner and packs his groceries so well and she is his favourite. So the LLG-d says my name and he goes "Yeah that's the one. She's the best. I love going through her line. One of my two favourite cashiers."

And on that note, I bow and leave you for now.

No comments: