Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wow that was rough! ! ! !

So I went into work yesterday for the first time in three days. It was B U S Y ! ! !

I was working with a lot of the newer girls. Its okay to a degree because they ask me different things which keeps me on my toes. They don't know a lot of the different fruits and vegetables so don't even know how to look them up. The downside is that it takes a little away from my job. But not enough that I'll stop doing it. Its kind of fun to show off your knowledge.

Although, I DON'T like it when people that ask are just being lazy. I'll tell you, the Princess, sure has no clue about customer service. She was on express and at one point just walks away from her line up to ask me what a certain vegetable was. You didn't think to ask the customer? I'm sure if they're buying it they know what it is.


The store is coming along pretty good. The sign background is up now. Heard a little more about uniforms. Apparently they are not as nice as head cashier thought at first. They were only seen in a video and now that they have been seen in person it looks like ironing will be needed. They include a vest???? I don't think so. And nay, nay to the ironing thing too.



I went in there first thing Friday morning to get a couple of bananas and some grapes for lunches. Boy was it a mess. Very dirty looking, stuff left laying around, garbage on the ground outside the front door, transport buggies in the front of the store and one employee who looked like he had just gotten up and hadn't bothered to get clean clothes. Other than the fact that I knew him you couldn't tell he 'worked' there. The shelves weren't fronted either.

It looked a lot better when I got in on Saturday. The Cute One and The Stern One were busy filling shelves and getting buggies and tidying things up and checking prices and getting information for customers.

And then at the end of my shift, and an hour before her's, Unreliable Girl called in sick.That meant there was a scramble finding someone to fill in till 11 pm. I was asked to stay a half hour later as it was so busy and there were a couple of slower girls working. We got through the crowds though and the 7 o'clock girl came in so I was able to go home.

No comments: