Monday, November 3, 2008

Unreliability

Why is it that young people sometimes don't have any sense of responsibility? If you are written in the schedule and its a day you have said you don't work then you have to tell someone. You can't just 'not show up'.

What about the rest of us? At least one of us will be waiting for you to show up so we can go home.

Show a little consideration. There are days I was scheduled that I was NOT happy about (see previous posts Sept. 26, 29 or 30). It ended up working out but at least I made the arrangements or let them know my displeasure or whatever. I DID NOT leave them hanging short handed.
end of rant


The store seems to have more space now and it appears neater. It has really helped having doors on the freezers now and the product arrangement seems to make sense. It still takes time to find things but all in all not bad. Fewer and fewer complaints from customers. Still the odd one saying about prices but they don't seem to realize that it is due to the recent gasoline price problems more than the store changing.


An awful lot of product is ending up on the shelves that has not been entered into the computer. Its annoying when this happens, because:
the customer is inconvenienced,
the cashier is stressed,
someone has to take time to find it,
time is wasted while waiting.

An aside: I watched a cashier the other day that was waiting on the price for something and just stood there rather than ringing in the person's other groceries???? WTF?? (like I said: no common sense.)



One last thing for today. I am still pretty sick and it must have scared the crap out of some of the customers to hear me coughing. I made sure they could see my hand sanitizer and that I was using it between each customer PLUS anytime my hands came near my face. I also made sure to turn away if I had to cough. Short of staying home, which I couldn't afford, I did all I could to make sure I didn't make anyone sick.

No comments: