Friday, January 1, 2010

Finally ! ! ! !

I knew if I waited long enough, it would happen.

They hired a replacement princess ! ! !

She's not as 'good' as the other one was, but she'll do in a pinch. I don't understand how we keep hiring these people. It was a few months ago that they brought in a new crowd of about 5 of them for training. I took my guess as to which one would stay around and I was right. She showed up for one or two assigned shifts and then disappeared.

Anyway, there was this one that has a little bit of the "I'm better than you" look to her. Don't know how else to describe it other than she just seems to look down on others. A haughtiness, I suppose. So, it was Halloween that I had the pleasure of working next to her. I wore a 'costume' of mini cereal boxes with plastic knives sticking out of them. I was a 'serial' killer. Not too creative but it made the customers laugh. A few people got it, others I had to explain it to them, but all in all the customers seemed to get a kick out of it. They appreciated my weird sense of humour.

So NP (New Princess) starts to make comments like "I'm wearing a costume too. I dressed as a cashier", and 'boy, you can't stop telling people about your costume, can you", and "why are you so cheerful?' Nothing major, just little complaints, made under the breath.

I can't put my finger on it but I just don't like her. She has closed her register down with 8 minutes left in her shift and called for the head to come out and do her audit. She was told that she could stay open for a few customers. Now she has already chased them away because she wants to leave. Thankfully, one of those chased away called her on it and she actually had to try to explain it.

Another thing she did that really annoyed me is that when she was told to go on her break, she actually shooed people out of her line. YOU DON'T DO THAT. You tell the last person in your line that you are going on your break after them and could they please inform anyone else that tries to get in line; and then you turn your light off.

Then a few days ago, I go into work and she's again next to me. I have just gotten to my register when she says, 'I'm going to have to get change from you.' Now I'm in the middle of a customer's order already, so I tell her I'll have to look after the order is done. I ask her what she needs and she says 'fives and quarters'. Well, I'm not a change drawer, so I suggested that she ask the head cashier for them. She looks like that is such a novel idea to her. Next she tells me I'll have to lend her money. I ask her why and she says she promised cash back but doesn't have any money. I asked her why she did that, and she said she didn't realize she didn't have any. You just asked me for 5's and quarters, and you didn't notice that you may not have had anything else in there?
WTF? ? ? ?


(she also leaves the tray with no change in it for the next person coming on.)

* * * * *

Had a really annoying customer just before Christmas. My last customer of the day and she had tons of stuff. I figured that with the five minutes I had left to work I could get her done and be able to leave on time. She wants me to bag it for her but only gives me a couple of bags at a time. Like she thinks I'll steal them or something. So, I'm doing the best I can and she starts yapping at me about how to bag. Then as I'm bagging I see from the corner of my eye that she has something she wants me to take. Its apparently very important that I take this item so, because she was bugging me, I pretended not to see it. She is practically stuffing this thing in my face and when I finally acknowledge her she tells me that she wants to hand this to me. It turns out to be mushrooms that she has taken out of the plastic tray and just left with the plastic wrap on it. "I don't want all the extra packaging."

Oh, but you can take the plastic wrap around the mushrooms and around all the cookies, breads etc.?

What ever.

I get it all done and it is now past my time to go home. She is still dithering around with her stuff and finally pays me, then proceeds to repack everything. Now THAT pi**es me off. Why did you have me spend time doing it when it wasn't going to make you happy?

I watched what she did and it wasn't the way I would do it so therefore: WRONG ! (okay, maybe not WRONG, but definately not the best way to do it. IMHO.)

I left and as I get to the doors, from buying some items for supper she was just bringing the cart back to the store. As I was going out she pushed her cart in through the entrance doors and left it part way in. It was blocking the doors and I looked at her and she stuck her tongue out at me.

I just gave her an eyebrow and went around and put the buggy away.

Weird.

* * * * *

And one last little thing for now.

Had a customer last night, one of my regulars, and she was telling me how much she appreciated seeing me when she come to cash out. She always looks for me. Very nice! But then she tells me that she was talking to a co-worker at her job the other day and the co-worker tells her about going shopping and there is this one cashier she really likes. My customer says 'Unknown Cashier'? and the co-worker says 'yes, isn't she wonderful?!'


I score again ! ! ! ! !

No comments: