Monday, May 3, 2010

A Rabbi and a Priest go into a grocery store...

Seriously, yesterday I drew the first cashier shift so it put me at work for 7 AM!!! Only had to go until 1:30 but its a longer shift than I like to do, mainly because its hard on the knees. Also, being on cash one there is no place to put a foot up to take some pressure off the back.

Anyway, about 3/4 of an hour into the shift comes the Rabbi. I really like this man. He is so sweet and he does a lot of cooking for his synagogue. He was buying a bunch of interesting stuff. I asked him what was going on and he said he was getting ready to cook a brunch for 120 people he doesn't even know. Then he said they probably won't appreciate it either. I had to chuckle. He is sometimes very serious and you can't kid with him but this time he started the fun. We ended up agreeing to arrange to get arrested and go to the jail my brothers work at in order to get preferential treatment. He was okay with that as long as they kept him for the weekend and confiscated his cell phone.


Not two hours later my line up is as noisy as usual when it suddenly gets sort of quiet. I look up to see a Priest standing there. What I also noticed is that everyone sort of changed attitude. They were subdued and polite, like they were afraid to say anything. Amazing what a white collar can do to a crowd.

It wasn't until I got home last night that I realized how close I was to hitting the trifecta and having the perfect joke. Where is a minister when you need one?

2 comments:

M Hastings said...

How often do you get that? ;)

Jo B. Hunter said...

LOL! That's like when a cop is around everybody slows down.